The SECAR Collaboration (SC) is an open, active collaboration of
researchers who are passionate about measuring thermonuclear reactions
that drive some stars to explode.
NEWS: A SECAR Collaboration Workshop was held on Monday, August 8, 2022, as a satellite workshop at the 2022 Low Energy Community Meeting. A program for the Workshop is available by clicking here.
New Members in our Collaboration are welcome at any time! If you would like to join, please contact the SECAR Collaboration Executive Council:
Manoel Couder, Notre Dame Univ -- Chair
Michael Smith, ORNL -- Communications
Some SECAR experts you can contact for more information about the collaboration or the SECAR system include:
Kiana Setoodehnia, FRIB -- SECAR Device Physicist
Hendrik Schatz, MSU
Fernando Montes, MSU
The focus of the SECAR Collaboration is on proposing, running, and analyzing experiments, as well as on extended commissioning of the system. We have now established a SECAR Collaboration Agreement that codifies the activities and organizational structure of the collaboration.
We have also adopted a SECAR Code of Conduct that describes the expectations of the conduct of collaboration members.
Proposals and the Collaboration
Here are the steps to prepare a proposal using the SECAR system
with members of the SECAR Collaboration:
• PI formulates experiment idea
• PI joins the SECAR Collaboration (SC) if not yet a member
• PI sends abstract of proposal to the SC Executive Council one month before the facility proposal deadline
• PI uses these resources to help prepare proposal
• PI sends draft of proposal to the SC Executive Council two weeks before the facility proposal deadline
• SC Executive Council distributes proposal to all members of Core Group and invites them and their research group members to join proposal
• SC Executive Council informs PI of final list of participants
• PI can circulate proposal to others outside the SC as desired
• PI incorporates comments from SC Executive Council and Core Group members if any
• PI finalizes proposal and submits by facility deadline